A few reminders going into show weekend (yay!):
Show Tickets and Admission
- We have opened admission to the show so please spread the word to friends, neighbors, coworkers, anyone interested in figure skating, etc. that the spring show is this weekend! We are still doing advanced ticket sales but will also be selling at the door. Our limited seating has expanded so we would like to get a bigger crowd in to cheer your skaters on!
- We still need volunteers to help run the show. PLEASE click here to go to SignUp Genius and volunteer.
- Needed are:
- 1 Spotlight and 1 Ticket/Admission for the 1pm Saturday show;
- 1 Spotlight and a Freeskate 1-5 group monitor for the 6:30pm Saturday show; and
- 1 Ticket/Admission and a Freeskate 1-5 group monitor for the 2pm Sunday show.
- Needed are:
- Help is also needed for Friday morning (4/9/21) set up. We will be meeting at the rink starting at 8:30am and will go into the early afternoon decorating for the show (hanging lights, curtains, black plastic, signage, etc). If you can help that would be much appreciated. Email the club at email@example.com to let us know who to expect as we treat volunteers to pizza for lunch 🙂
- A reminder that Friday night’s Dress Rehearsal starts at 6:00pm sharp so PLEASE be at the rink dressed, with any make up on and ready to skate at 5:45pm. Skaters will immediately proceed to the skater section of the bleachers to their assigned seating area and be checked in by their group monitor.
- Bring a coat, blanket to sit on (can be left in their spot for the weekend), and a tote/bag to keep shoes and stuff in so we can keep the bleachers nice and tidy. We do not want any skaters tripping or walking over obstacles! PLEASE NO FOOD OR DRINK in skater section. A water bottle is okay.
- Hard guards are MANDATORY. Skaters WILL be walking on cement. PLEASE LABLE your guards!
- Skaters will be given a black disposable mask to be used show weekend. Please store with skate stuff so it is not forgotten as it will be used for all 3 shows.
- Please come to the rink (dressed and ready to go) 30 minutes before show time. Skaters will go directly to the skater section of the bleachers and be checked in. Except for the Pre-Preliminary and Up skaters, we WILL NOT be using locker rooms this year. There will be no changing at the rink (the Aspire kids will just be pulling their t-shirt over their regular costume). This also means PLEASE have your child use the bathroom before the show. For safe sport reasons, we cannot have a single adult bring a child to the restrooms during the show.
- Skaters will stay the entire show seated in the skaters only section. This is so we can keep track of your child. Please trust our coaching staff and group monitors to make sure your child is where they need to be for their number in the show.
- Please review your show practice schedule and information sheet for more information on what to expect for dress rehearsal and shows. You can click here to view as well.
Black Club Skirts
- For those who were issued a black club skirt, those will need to be returned to the club after show weekend. Since you cannot change out of it after the Sunday show, please plan on swinging by the rink during the Spring Private Ice and Group Aspire/Power Class times on April 15 or 19 and turn it in. We will have a list of names, be sure yours gets checked off. Thanks!
Show Pictures and Show Shirts
- Show Pictures and Show Shirts are in and available to pick up during Solo/Feature ice on Thursday from 5:15-6:15pm or Friday during set up or Dress Rehearsal.
- Al Edwards will be recording the show again this year and has DVDS for sale. Order forms can be picked up at Dress Rehearsal and turned into the office.
- If you have not filled out the USFS waiver, be sure to do that and turn into the club office. Waivers can be found by clicking here (you can also email it to the club).
Thanks for hanging in there and reading this whole message. A lot goes into making this event a success – we appreciate all the volunteers and community of people that help make the show amazing. Thank you!!