Fall-Winter Learn to Skate USA Group Class Registration will be opening at NOON on Friday, September 25, 2020.
Registration for group lessons will look a little different this year:
- We are ONLY accepting online registrations. Go to www.alexandriafigureskating.org/registration/ and click on the appropriate registration form link to register.
- We have limited spaces for group lessons available due to COVID-19. If needed we will create a waiting list.
- Group class registration on the website will be broken up into two forms:
- LEARN TO SKATE USA Classes for Snowplow Sam, Basic 1 – 3, Hockey Skills, and Adult will be on one form.
- ASPIRE (LEARN TO SKATE) Classes for Basic 4-6, PreFreeskate, and Freeskate 1-4 will be on a second form.
- Hockey Skills and Adult Classes will be on Sunday nights, NOT Mondays. The Hockey Skills class is geared toward skaters that will eventually go on to play hockey instead of recreational skating.
- The Aspire (Learn to Skate) Classes will be held on Sunday and Monday nights (this is a two-night class). The Aspire programing is new this year from US Figure Skating and expands what was formally known as the Bridge Program. The Aspire curriculum is designed to help athletes make the transition from a skater to a figure skater. If you have questions about this programming feel free to reach out to our head coaches, Tessa Dutcher or Lisa Olson, or our Learn to Skate Director, Kris Juettner.
- All skaters must review and agree to the “Back to the Rink COVID-19 Plan” as posted on our website forms page. Please take a moment to review our policies before registering.
Finally, the club calendar has been updated with class times for your reference prior to registration. Rental skates are available to rent for club members only – a future date will be emailed once you have registered if you are in need.
Here is a summary of the registration options:
- Learn to Skate: Snowplow Sam and Basic 1-3 levels are held on MONDAY nights starting October 19, 2020 and go 8 weeks ending on December 7, 2020. Class time is 6:30-7:15pm (this includes 30 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes of practice free skate). Cost is $90 (plus $25 Learn to Skate USA membership fee* (if due) and $20 Guest fee** (if applicable)).
- Learn to Skate: Hockey Skating Skills and Adult Skating are held on SUNDAY nights starting October 18, 2020 and go 8 weeks ending on December 6, 2020. Class time is 6:15-6:45pm (30 minutes). Cost is $80 (plus $25 Learn to Skate USA membership fee* (if due) and $20 Guest fee** (if applicable)).
- Aspire: Basic 4-6, PreFreeskate, Freeskate 1-4 levels are held on SUNDAY and MONDAY nights starting October 18-19, 2020 and go 8 weeks ending on December 6-7, 2020. Cost is $155 (plus $25 Learn to Skate USA membership fee* (if due) and $20 Guest fee** (if applicable)). Your Aspire Registration includes the following:
- Sunday nights from 6:15-6:45pm (30 minutes) for 8 weeks, October 18, 2020 – December 6, 2020. This class will be focusing on figure skating disciplines that go into creating small group routines for the Holiday Exhibition scheduled for Sunday, December 13, 2020 – SAVE THE DATE, YOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES A NUMBER IN THE HOLIDAY EXHIBITION.
- Monday nights from 7:15-8:15pm (60 minutes) for 8 weeks, October 19, 2020 – December 7, 2020. This class will consist of 30 minutes of LTS class level instruction and 30 minutes of Aspire edges, jumps, spins, and Moves curriculum.
- Monday nights, 3 weeks only, OFF ICE training, 6:30-7:00pm (30 minutes), November 2nd, 16th and 30th ONLY.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*The required $25 Learn to Skate USA membership fee is paid once per season (July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021).
**If your skater is a current member of AAHA or another skating club, and you wish to opt out of fundraising, then you pay the $20 Guest fee.