AFSC Spring Show Families/Participants,
This message is to let you know that the AFSC Show committee and Board has voted to cancel the spring show. As a result, we WILL NOT be holding our 2020 “Lights, Camera, Action!” spring ice review.
We are saddened to bring you this news, but due to the lingering uncertainty of the COVID-19 virus, social distancing requirements and many other factors it was really our only option.
With this decision we have some housekeeping to attend to:
- Photo Magic Picture Orders: Pictures have been completed and can be distributed. A club volunteer will be outside the rink’s south entrance on Sunday, May 17th from 3-5pm to distribute in a drive thru fashion**. PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE A BLACK CLUB SKIRT OR RENTAL SKATES YOU MUST RETURN THEM AT THIS TIME TO RECIEVE YOUR PHOTOS (see below bullet points for details).
- Shirt Orders: Our show shirts were completed prior to the Safe at Home order and can be distributed. A club volunteer will be outside the rink’s south entrance on Sunday, May 17th from 3-5pm to distribute in a drive thru fashion**. PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE A BLACK CLUB SKIRT OR RENTAL SKATES YOU MUST RETURN THEM AT THIS TIME TO RECIEVE YOUR SHIRT(S) (see below bullet points for details).
- Basic 1-6 Extra Number Black Skirts: The skirts for this number are property of the skating club and get reused every year. They need to be returned to the skating club. This can be done on May 17th from 3-5pm when you pick up your show shirt or pictures that you ordered. You must return your skirt to get your photos or shirts.
- Skate Rentals: Those renting skates for the past season through the ice show now need to return those to the club. This can be done on May 17th from 3-5pm when you pick up your show shirt or pictures that you ordered. You must return your rental skates to get your photos or shirts.
- Programs: Even though we are not having the show, a copy of the show program is being printed for those interested. We decided to do this to recognize our graduating seniors as well as all of our soloists and skaters that were to have participated. Please let us know at email@example.com if you would like a copy ASAP so we know how many to order. Programs will be $3 each. Please bring payment when you come to get your show pictures/shirts (exact change only). Once printed we will contact you for distribution.
- Spring Show fee and potential refund or donation to the club:
- As you may already know, we have incurred several costs associated with the show even though the event is not being held. This includes but is not limited to costumes, ice time and coaching costs. Costumes were purchased and distributed to all skaters and half of the scheduled practices for the show numbers were held.
- The figure skating club works on a close budget and we are constantly fundraising to help keep costs down for skaters. This year due to COVID-19 we were/are unable to have two of our major fundraisers – the Battle of the Blades competition and the Awake the Grapes 5k/10k. With this in mind, the club is offering to refund a portion of your spring show fee. However, if your family is willing and able, we would appreciate you making the decision to allow the club to keep that portion as a donation to the club. This would be a huge help to our financials now and in the future.
- Refunds will be the total amount you paid for the spring show LESS your costume deposit (either $50 for 1 costume or $100 for 2 costumes) and LESS half of the remaining balance (for costs associated with show practices held).
- Skaters in the Extra # Pre-Freeskate to FS5 and Pre-Preliminary & Up Second Number have a $100 costume deposit for 2 dresses.
- Skaters in the Basic 1-6 Extra Number who had the black club skirt will not be deducted a 2nd costume fee for that number, but must return the black club skirt on May 17th from 3-5pm.
- We ask that you contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you would like a refund or if you would like to donate that amount to the skating club. If we do not hear from you by June 15, 2020, we will assume that you would like the balance donated to the figure skating club. Refunds will be given as a club credit (preferred) or as a check (upon request). Please specify your preference in your email.
Thank you again for your understanding. We all look forward to getting back on the ice and seeing your smiling faces at the rink when it is safe to do so. – The AFSC Board
** DRIVE THRU PICK UP/DROP OFF INSTRUCTIONS: Please swing around and pull into loading/unloading zone in front of West Rink facing east (so your drivers side window is near the entry doors) in a single file line. Pull ahead to table when it is your turn and drop off and pick up items. PLEASE STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE. Exit the parking lot up the hill and around the RCC as normal. We encourage you to wear a mask. Our volunteer will be wearing a mask and sanitizing between vehicles.