A few updates and reminders regarding club events for this spring:
- Spring Ice Show “Lights, Camera, Action!” is postponed. The tentative Spring Show reschedule date is June 13th pending future COVID-19 recommendations from the State of Minnesota.
- Cash Raffle drawing to be held April 5th. Thank you to all who sold and purchased tickets for our spring fundraiser! The drawing will be held Sunday, April 5, 2020 at noon live on our Facebook page. Tune in to find out who the winners are! NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. Winners will be notified after the drawing.
- AFSC Annual Meeting scheduled for May 18th. Our club reorganizes each May and normally we celebrate this with a pot luck banquet and open skate for our members. Unfortunately, this year we will have to switch things up due to the current health crisis. Stay tuned for information on how to participate remotely as we elect new board members, officers and committees for the new skating year. If you are interested in getting more involved with the club, please let a current board member know. We are always looking for more help!
- Awake the Grapes cancelled for 2020. Unfortunately, another fun club event and fundraiser is being cancelled until next year. For those who have already gathered sponsorships those will be valid for 2021.
- Summer Group Learn to Skate USA Classes tentative start day of June 22nd. This date is being pushed back a couple weeks from our initial tentative summer start date. Group classes would start June 22, 2020 and run 8 weeks through August 10, 2020.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we navigate these uncharted waters. Know that these decisions are being made with everyone’s safety at heart.